Tuesday, December 31, 2013

2013

It is time for my annual yearly round up. 2013 was an interesting year. it had a lot of ups and downs like most years have. i won't focus on the the negatives, but some of the positives were: i remained healthy, i actually made more money than last, started a podcast, experienced an awesome wedding with friends, celebrated 5 years with anthony and did some major soul searching. i am so ready for you, 2014. i have high hopes and achievements to reach. here is my year in some pictures:

January:

we decided that on january 1st 2012 we were going to write down our memories and put it on a jar. we opened them on jan 1st, 2013 and it was a great way to look back.



February :

The huge snow storm, Nemo hit us. I built a successful igloo. We also had a great Valentine's Day. Ant built me an awesome cat lounge. 





March:

I turned 26 and went to see The Chew for my birthday. Ant and I had a really fun day out in Rockville center. We painted pottery and ate vegan/gluten free pizza and pasta. Easter was also in March, which was really early and weird.




April:

Anthony and I launched Commercial Convo, a podcast about anything and everything commercials. We are on iTunes, just type in Commercial Convo ;) -shameless plug- 



our guests. we give them prizes.

May:

We took a weekend trip to Florida and spoiled ourselves in a nice hotel and relaxed on the beach. Sam turned 24 and we also had our Engagement party. It was "LOST" themed. 









June:

Warm weather arrived! Ant and I celebrated our 5 year anniversary and opened up our time capsule on a beach. We made a time capsule on Jan 1st 2012 and said we were to open it on our 5 year anniversary. We wrote each other letters and put random things in the box. It was also Ant's idea to propose to me, which changed when he proposed much earlier in October of 2012. Ant got me a signed script from the pilot of The O.C. <3 I also have to mention, that I started going to zumba at my club house with the older ladies. Such a fun time, and I hope they start back up in the new year.





July:

July was a fun month. The O.C's 10 year anniversary was in July, and a bar in BK, called Videology had a parry with drinking games, trivia, and a viewing of 2 episodes. Naturally, we had to attend. We introduced Justin and Tim to the world of The O.C. I felt like I was in heaven. We also saw Potted Potter, a Harry Potter parody show and visited the Rain Room at the MOMA.







August:

I went kayaking AND stand up paddle boarding for the first time. I enjoyed both very much and cannot wait to go again this summer. Ant and I visited this adorable vineyard in Stonybrook, which we thought would be perfect to exchange our vows. I also had my only full day off in August. We went to the beach and ate cookies. I remember being so excited about that.






September:

It's so weird having to write about september, because it feels like that was just yesterday. We went apple picking and had some nice walks.  Sam and Liss did the color run and Sam's hair was purple for a really long time. hahaha, i felt bad that she couldn't get the color out, but it sure was entertaining. I also took art lessons with my friend Kaela. We took a painting and pottery class. 






October:

My favorite month!! I started off the month by road tripping upstate with Ant and Ingrid for Nick and Meg's wedding. It was one of my favorite weekends of the year.  We had our annual Ruby Halloween party, which Ingrid surprised us with Krista. Best surprise! Ant and I originally were supposed to be Gomez and Morticia, but after some complications we did a 5 min change and went as AHH real monsters. We also went to Tim and Sarina's awesome party. Ant was the Jolly Green Giant and I was a Maneki Neko









November:

In the beginning of the month, us ruby gals and the tenios, went to go see Cinderella on bway. We had lots of laughs due to how high we were seated. My friend Jess hooked us up at the Maury show, and a bunch of us went and sat in the front row which was a blast. We celebrated mom's birthday and of course, Thanksgiving and Hanukkah! I also have to mention my friend Sarina. We attended a bunch of her Craft nights this year. For November, we made napkins. Aren't they awesome?







December:

Here we are! The first week of this month was my favorite week, I think of the year. I just had a good day every single day of that week. I was so busy working, which I loved, and Krista was home. She brought her bun, Malf, into work and I got to photograph him. It was so much fun. 
For the first time this year, I was a part of a card swap. I signed up for it on a blog in which you get 6 different addresses, you make home made cards, send them out and then receive some. It was a really cool experience and I loved making cards. We also celebrated Ant's 25th birthday in Atlantic City. I had a lot of fun. A few of us crashed a pharmaceutical gala, which was amazing. My mom told me she was proud of me, hahaha apparently she used to do it all the time. I had a nice Christmas. I got to see Brittney, Amy and Alex, and Krista and Adam. I am now off from work until the 13th and just have been enjoying relaxing and watching some good shows. We finished season two of Adventure Time and Curb Your Enthusiasm.  I'm working on Downton Abbey and The Sopranos. 








Cheers to you, 2014. Tonight I will be ringing in the new year with a cocktail party at home.








No comments:

Post a Comment